Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Roman Rytov <rr...@entopia.com> on 2003/02/11 09:58:47 UTC

Web applications and log files. Many-to-many correlation.

Hi all,
I have several web applications and wanna have for each of them a
corresponding separate log file. I saw a similar question has been asked
a number of times but unfortunately no answer suits me fine. Let me
describe in detatils the picture.

1. I have Resin-2.6 as a web server
2. Under resin/lib I put the log4j jar (1.2.7)
3. Each web app has as first starting servlet one that initializes the
web's logger (all files have absolute paths)
4. Each class in applications has a static logger
5. I use property-based config.

The problem that all logs intermix. So if I have application A which log
writes to c:/a/a.log and other application B which log writes to
c:/b/b.log then in a while I see lines of B written in log of A but
sometimes (after restart) viseversa.

It seems to me that the problem is in Resin classloaders but I wonder if
somehow it can be resolved.

Roman Rytov
server team leader

Omarim 9, 94965 Omer, ISRAEL