Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk> on 2018/05/30 15:42:31 UTC

Groovy 2.5.0 release

Paul,

There seems to be a difference between 2.5.0-rc-3 and 2.5.0, Gant
compiled and ran all tests under the former, but fails to compile under
the latter. This would seem to indicate a fail of release process since
there was no 2.5.0-rc-4.

2.5.0-rc-3 had a class CliBuilder, 2.5.0 does not.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200

Re: Groovy 2.5.0 release

Posted by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk>.
On Thu, 2018-05-31 at 02:17 +1000, Paul King wrote:
> Hi Russel,
>
> Yes it would have been nicer if we could have fitted an extra RC-4
> into the
> schedule.

In this instance, because Gant is totally irrelevant to the progress of
the universe, unlike Groovy, I don't have an actual problem.

> Anyway, to cut a long story short, I imagine you need the
> groovy-cli-commons dependency added. I presume groovy-all isn't
> bringing
> that in which is an oversite on my part when I fixed up pointing the
> deprecated groovy.util.CliBuilder to the
> groovy.cli.commons.CliBuilder
> rather than the newer but slightly different
> groovy.cli.picocli.CliBuilder
> which probably is in your path.

If picocli is the future for Groovy CLI I may just drop Groovy 2.4
support from Gant (after all there are no Gant users, at least none
prepared to say they are) and set up to go with picocli.

> I'll add that to known issues on the release notes.

Works for me.

Re: Groovy 2.5.0 release

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
Hi Russel,

Yes it would have been nicer if we could have fitted an extra RC-4 into the
schedule.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I imagine you need the
groovy-cli-commons dependency added. I presume groovy-all isn't bringing
that in which is an oversite on my part when I fixed up pointing the
deprecated groovy.util.CliBuilder to the groovy.cli.commons.CliBuilder
rather than the newer but slightly different groovy.cli.picocli.CliBuilder
which probably is in your path.

I'll add that to known issues on the release notes.

Cheers, Paul.