Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Chris Deese <cd...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/05 18:12:41 UTC

Having trouble using Spanish name finder

I've been trying to use the Spanish name finder but it keeps throwing me
wierd problems I can't find much of a pattern to.

An array of strings such as {"Fuente", "Benavides", " Rafael"} will return
that the entire array is a span. However if I insert something like
"tractor" into the array only names AFTER that string will be in the span.

I'm sorry if this formatting is terrible, I can only send from mobile at
this time.

Re: Having trouble using Spanish name finder

Posted by Chris Deese <cd...@gmail.com>.
OK thank you I'll try that!

Re: Having trouble using Spanish name finder

Posted by Rodrigo Agerri <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Are you feeding the nameFinder object "a full sentence" tokenized
where each token in the sentence is a item in the String array?
If you just feed an array with a list of names or a list of anything
the namefinder will not work. It needs to get tokenized and (whenever
possible) grammatical sentences.

Rodrigo

Posted by Rodrigo Agerri <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi Chris,

It looks to me as if your problem is not only the Spanish name finder,
but the data structures used to store the results of the name finders
in arrays of Strings or Spans.
Perhaps whenever you have computer access you could send a sample of your code?

Which Spanish models are you using, BTW?

Thanks,

Rodrigo