Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org> on 1998/06/06 18:32:26 UTC

mirror sites

Would anyone be interested in stepping up and being the official mirror
site coordinator?  I've just spent this morning doing an analysis of the
mirror sites, and found lots of sites that do not appear in the DNS
(temporary failure), or are over a month old, or on servers not responding
to requests, etc.  We need someone who can write a script to do an audit of
the mirrors, make sure they're at least less than a week behind, make sure
they don't add any of their own "customizations", send mail to mirror
maintainers, receive mail as mirrors@apache.org, and finally maintain the
mirror list on apache.org.  Anyone interested?  :)

	Brian

pure chewing satisfaction                                  brian@apache.org
                                                        brian@hyperreal.org

Re: mirror sites

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@jrc.it>.

On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Would anyone be interested in stepping up and being the official mirror
> site coordinator?  I've just spent this morning doing an analysis of the
> mirror sites, and found lots of sites that do not appear in the DNS
> (temporary failure), or are over a month old, or on servers not responding
> to requests, etc.  We need someone who can write a script to do an audit of
> the mirrors, make sure they're at least less than a week behind, make sure
> they don't add any of their own "customizations", send mail to mirror
> maintainers, receive mail as mirrors@apache.org, and finally maintain the
> mirror list on apache.org.  Anyone interested?  :)

Sure, no trouble, would fit in with some stuff we do anyway.

Dw.