Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2013/03/14 18:23:10 UTC

Re: [all] Update release process please

On 2013-03-14, Gary Gregory wrote:

> In the past, I've have felt (disgusted is too strong a word) discouraged
> from releasing often by the our release process, and it's a 'process' all
> right. First, I had started to follow:

> https://commons.apache.org/releases/index.html

> but finding it inadequate, I followed and updated:

> https://wiki.apache.org/commons/UsingNexus

> such that I needed little and then no additional personal cookbook.

Same here.

> Now that we have a new publication process, all of these need updating
> again, or preferably consolidating into one.

> Can folks who have recently released please update the docs such that it
> reflects the real world?

I can try (and as always welcome everybody - in particular native
speakers - to fix all my errors) over the next few days as long as
memory is fresh.  Mainly I stuck to the UsingNexus workflow.

Can we assume that all components will use Nexus when doing a release by
now?

Stefan

Re: [all] Update release process please

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
I hope so, as Brian Fox was taking measures to disable the staging area on
mino last week.  :o

Matt