Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Diggins <ti...@red56.co.uk> on 2000/08/14 10:16:21 UTC

"SynchPair" as reserved class name in tomcat/jasper???

Hi -

has anyone run into a silent name conflict with the word "SynchPair" in JSP
context (not Java commandline context) - it's the only way I can explain
some weird JSP errors "Error 500... response already committed) that occur
when I name a class SynchPair and not when I name it SynchPair0 (or Fnurge
for that matter).

If no one has I'll post this as a bug. At worst it's an out and out bug, at
best it
would seem to be a documentation and error-handling fault.

If anyone's interested I'll post the relevant class files and trial JSP &
java main.

My machine context is: Win 98 (1st ed), Tomcat as stand-alone, jdk 1.2.2.

Best

Tim

Tim Diggins             tel +44 (020) 7378 4395 (direct)
New Media Director      mailto:tim.diggins@teamworks.co.uk
Teamworks               http://www.teamworks.co.uk