Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by listman <li...@ekstrom.org> on 2004/05/19 18:29:25 UTC

gdb 6.1, Apache2.0.49, ctrl-c

I'm using gdb 6.1
apache2.0.49 built from source using
CFLAGS=-O0 ./configure --prefix=/opt/apache2-2.0.48 --enable-ssl
--enable-maintainer-mode --with-mpm=worker
on debian

I run apache in gdb with -X -f myconf.conf

when I attempt to stop execution by pressing ctrl-c inside gdb
execution stops with a SIGHUP begin caught, where I would expect a SIGINT
upon continuation the SIGHUP causes the process to end.

Other programs I run in gdb do stop with a SIGINT

Am I doing somthing wrong ?

Kevin Tew

Re: gdb 6.1, Apache2.0.49, ctrl-c

Posted by listman <li...@ekstrom.org>.
listman wrote:
So after a little hunting I placed

#ifdef SIGINT
    sigdelset(sig_mask, SIGINT);
#endif

inside  static void remove_sync_sigs(sigset_t *sig_mask) in
threadproc/unix/signals.c

this unblocks the SIGINT so that it can be used in gdb by ctrl-c
I can understand why you might want to catch this signal in release mode,
however, why not include the code above inside a debug or
maintainer-mode #define.

Kevin Tew

I should add that this is also running on a 2.6.5 kernel