Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ram <ra...@netcore.co.in> on 2007/06/18 11:33:36 UTC

Commandline option to check cf file

Hi,

   I have been downloading SARE rules via RDJ all this while. But since
last week we have had files with "site unavailable" "try later" etc in
the cf files

I manually have to find and download these files on all my servers
What I plan to do is to download all files to a temporary location ,
verify if proper and then move them to configpath

How can I check if a cf file is a proper ruleset file and not some HTML
404 page ??

Thanks
Ram

Re: Commandline option to check cf file

Posted by Matthias Haegele <mh...@linuxrocks.dyndns.org>.
ram schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>    I have been downloading SARE rules via RDJ all this while. But since
> last week we have had files with "site unavailable" "try later" etc in
> the cf files
>
> I manually have to find and download these files on all my servers
> What I plan to do is to download all files to a temporary location ,
> verify if proper and then move them to configpath

afaik that is exactly what the RulesDuJour script does ...
(If the --lint fails no changes are made)

> How can I check if a cf file is a proper ruleset file and not some HTML
> 404 page ??

spamassassin --lint?

cmiiw

--
Greetings & hth
MH

Dont send mail to: ubecatcher@linuxrocks.dyndns.org

Re: Commandline option to check cf file

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 03:03:36PM +0530, ram wrote:
>    I have been downloading SARE rules via RDJ all this while. But since
> last week we have had files with "site unavailable" "try later" etc in
> the cf files

You may be interested in using sa-update which doesn't have this problem.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"I love drag queens, you can take 'em to dinner and then dancing, and if you