Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Barry Laffoon <go...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/26 06:57:24 UTC

mvn clean apache 404?

Hi,

New to maven. Had a project working nicely in Eclipse with maven for
several weeks. Then did mvn clean. After mvn clean I get 404 errors on my
index.jsp and can't figure out how to resolve this.

Things I've tried:

mvn eclipse:clean
mvn eclipse:eclipse
mvn install
mvn package

I even tried mvn tomcat:deploy but that failed too.

Anyway a few questions:

1. why did mvn clean screw up the tomcat deployment
2. How do I resolve it

Thanks
Barry

Re: mvn clean apache 404?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> New to maven. Had a project working nicely in Eclipse with maven for
> several weeks. Then did mvn clean. After mvn clean I get 404 errors on my
> index.jsp and can't figure out how to resolve this.

Clean deletes everything in /target so you must have had something in
there that your app needs but your current build process is not
copying it there.

As for your Tomcat errors (404 etc), we can't really help with those.
Dig into the Tomcat logs and find why the 404 is happening then ask
the Tomcat folks for help.

Wayne