Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Alexander Klenner <al...@scai.fraunhofer.de> on 2012/01/31 14:09:21 UTC

CAS Editor

Hi folks,

is there a mix-up with the 'UIMA annotation editor' and 'CAS-Editor' terms in the documentation? In 'Chapter 6. Cas Editor User's Guide' this looks to me like the functionality of the annotation editor but its called CAS Editor.

However I cannot really test it since both of them don't work as expected for me. I recently upgraded to latest version of uima and uima tools via eclipse update site. For me, the CAS-Editor is only available as a perspective with only the main window working. All other windows (Edit View, Feature Structure View, Annotation Styles,..) showing '...is currently not available'.

Opening an XCas in the 'UIMA annotation editor' leads to an "Could not open the editor: Unknown file format' error. The same Cas given as xmiCAS is loaded, but now the viewer states 'Cannot find type system'. Manually selecting any TypeSystem.xml leads to a new error message: (PopUp Window) 'Cannot open input element: Reason: Unkown file format!'.

Both Cas versions (xmi and xcas) were created using an uima AE with the newest uima version, also the TypeSystem is perfectly valid for all AEs and the TypeSystemViewer.

I am using eclipse indigo latest version and installed lates UIMA via update site, eclipse was started and restarted with -clean option several times.

Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks a lot,

Alex

--
Alexander G. Klenner
Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)

Re: CAS Editor