Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Coolin Desai <co...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/22 22:21:53 UTC

Siteminder & Axis

Hi,

We have web services installed in a very secured
environment on a web
server which is secured by site minder.

I could test my web services running from web browser,
by giving user name
and pasword on a pop up window.

But when i try to run it from back end giving user id
& password using
Call methods setUserId & setPassword. It does not go
through and it gives
FAiled authorizaton problem.

So what my question is for running web services with
Siteminder do you
need to have their product called Transaction minder.

And if you dont have transaction minder than go for
form based
authentication than connect to server using java
cleint get the jsession
id than pass it along with Axis Soap Request which i
dont think a good way
of achiving it

Appreciate your quick Help !!!!

Thanks
Kulin

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Siteminder & Axis

Posted by Andreas Meier <ax...@neutral-grau.de>.
Hello Coolin,

CD> And if you dont have transaction minder than go for
CD> form based
CD> authentication than connect to server using java
CD> cleint get the jsession
CD> id than pass it along with Axis Soap Request which i
CD> dont think a good way
CD> of achiving it

It's quite a long time ago that I did smth. with Siteminder. The
WebAgent (the thing which secures the WebServer) relies on cookies.
You somehow need to manage the cookies you receive during the form
based authentication (there might be a lot of redirect also during
this login process) and you need to include them with every request.
The cookies change with every request (at least this is what I do
remember).

--
Best regards,
 Andreas                            mailto:axis@neutral-grau.de