Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Krish Donald <go...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/12 19:03:44 UTC

Interview Questions asked for Hadoop Admin

Re: Interview Questions asked for Hadoop Admin

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi krish.

Im going to interpret this as "What is a real world hadoop project workload
i can run to study for my upcoming job interview" :) ...

You could look here
https://github.com/apache/bigtop/tree/master/bigtop-bigpetstore/bigpetstore-mapreduce

If you understand that application, you will do just fine :) .

We use custom input formats to generate arbitrarily large data sets, pig
processing, and mahout's recommender all in the bigpetstore-mapreduce
implementation.  Also , its all unit tested (the jobs themselves), so you
can run and inspect changes locally, and get a feel for maintaining a real
world hadoop app. Running it and modifying the data generation and other
phases will be a great form of preparation for you, and you can run it all
by spinning up VMs in apache bigtop.

--
jay vyas

Re: Interview Questions asked for Hadoop Admin

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi krish.

--
jay vyas

Re: Interview Questions asked for Hadoop Admin

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi krish.

--
jay vyas

Re: Interview Questions asked for Hadoop Admin

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi krish.

--
jay vyas