Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Eric Nygma <pr...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/12 10:26:37 UTC

Generating SOAP request from WSDL's schema

Hi,

I have a requirement in which I have to programatically read a webservice's
WSDL, and construct the SOAP request to consume the service.
Reading the WSDL can be accomplished with WSDL4J. But I  am having problems
constructing the request message from the schema.

Is there some API which can do this for me. JAXB is not an option, because
it involves an intermediate step of generating class files from the schema,
and then class files are subsequently used my Marshallers. Rather,I am
looking for an API which ideally is fed an xsd and generates the
OMElement/DOM corresponsding to it, which can then be put inside a soap
envelope and dispatched.

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards
Eric.

Re: Generating SOAP request from WSDL's schema

Posted by Antonio Manuel Muñiz Martín <am...@gmail.com>.
You can use soapUI (www.soapui.org). SoapUI is an java application, use it
and you will see how it works. Is exactly what do you want. You can checkout
the source code and use it as API for dinamic message construction.

I had the same issue some time ago.

But, you can use Axis2 client side, data binding abstracts you of SOAP
message creation.

Bye.