Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/04 14:17:54 UTC

Project Site and Metadata

Hi,

Looking at many other active projects, whether it's TomEE, Cassandra,
DeltaCloud, DeltaSpike or incubating ones like Tamaya, most of them now got
a site based on a (Bootstrap) template closer to the most recent Apache
frontpage.

The approach Radu proposed requires setting up your own virtual image in
VirtualBox or something similar. None of these projects look like they
undergo a similar trouble and all so far host their site in SVN (even if
they maintain code in Git now)

Could we learn from how they do it and try something similar? Is the new
template available somewhere? Anatole at Tamaya said he pretty much copied
what DeltaSpike has and used appropriate content for the new project.

Somewhere along the lines of a new 2.0 data structure and updated clients,
wouldn't it be good, to also update the site to what many other projects
(big or small) got now?

Btw. the project metadata for DeviceMap seems a little old, too:
https://projects.apache.org/project.html?devicemap

It only mentions Java, but we got at least JavaScript, VB or C# pretty much
from the beginning.

Werner