Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@apache.org> on 2015/08/29 01:05:32 UTC

September 2015 Report

Greetings, {podling} developers!

This is a reminder that your report is due next Wednesday, September
2nd.  Details below.

Best,

Marvin Humphrey, Report Manager for September, on behalf of the
Incubator PMC

---------------

Dear podling,

This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache
Incubator PMC. It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to
prepare your quarterly board report.

The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 16 September 2015, 10:30 am
Pacific.  The report for your podling will form a part of the Incubator
PMC report. The Incubator PMC requires your report to be submitted 2
weeks before the board meeting, to allow sufficient time for review and
submission (Wed, September 2nd).

Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the incubator
PMC, and subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the
very latest you should submit your report is 2 weeks prior to the board
meeting.

Thanks,

The Apache Incubator PMC

Submitting your Report

----------------------

Your report should contain the following:

*   Your project name
*   A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of
    the project or necessarily of its field
*   A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
    towards graduation.
*   Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
    aware of
*   How has the community developed since the last report
*   How has the project developed since the last report.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2015

Note: This is manually populated. You may need to wait a little before
this page is created from a template.

Mentors
-------

Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on
the Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are
following the project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms
for the Incubator PMC.

Incubator PMC

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Seems reasonable to me (although similar comments as last time wrt what's
necessary to graduate).

Patrick

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com>.

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.
Added Sentry report after making suggested changes. Re-pasting it here.

@Mentors: Ping, Can you please help review it?

Sentry

Sentry is a highly modular system for providing fine grained role
based authorization to both data and metadata stored on an Apache Hadoop
cluster.

Sentry has been incubating since 2013-08-08.

1. Encourage more feature and direction discussions on the dev list rather
than jira.
2. Continue reporting on time
3. Continue making periodic releases following the Apache guidelines.

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

Community has made been making good progress on all of the above mentioned
items.
1. There have been multiple discussions on the dev list about features/
design decisions/ roadmap/ dev practices.
2. Community has been doing timely monthly reporting.
3. Community is actively working on bug fixes and working to release 1.6.0
next month

We had 160 messages on dev list last month. (Got number from
http://markmail.org/list/org.apache.sentry.dev)

About 42 issues were created and about 42 resolved(Numbers from jira).

Date of last release:
2015-07-14

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
Colin Ma, Dapeng Sun, Guoquan Shen and Xiaomeng Huang were added as
committers on 12/24/2014. No new PPMC members have been added since the
project has entered the incubator.

Thanks!

--
Sravya Tirukkovalur