Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Stephan Wissel <st...@wissel.net> on 2017/02/05 13:12:49 UTC

Database missing from Fauxton

Hi there,

I used curl to replicate a database to Couch2 on a Mac posting this payload
to localhost... :
{
"target": "mydb",
"source": {
"url": "https://someserver/mydb"
},
"connection_timeout": 60000,
"user_ctx": {
"name": "stw",
"roles": ["_admin"]
},
"create_target" : true
}

Worked like a charm.... except the database doesn't show up in Fauxton and
can't be addressed from a URL. I tried again without create_target and it
replicates without an error - so database exists.

I checked: the database file mydb.couch got created in
~/Library/Application Support/CouchDB2/var/lib/couchdb but nothing in the
shards directory

When I use Fauxton to create a database manually (e.g. otherdb), the file
shows up in
~/Library/Application Support/CouchDB2/var/lib/couchdb/shards/[shardnumber]
but not the couchdb directory. Also when I swap mydb with otherdb and try
to replicate (without create_target=true) I get the error "Database not
found".

What do I miss here?
--
Mobile message, pegged on glass.

Best regards
Stephan H. Wissel
http://www.wissel.net/

Re: Database missing from Fauxton

Posted by Stephan Wissel <st...@wissel.net>.
Update: Using the url http://localhost/mydb worked at the end.

What I tried:

   - use "create_target" : true with http://localhost/mydb -> failed,
   permission denied
   - use "create_target" : true with
   http://adminuser:adminpassword@localhost/mydb -> failed, permission
   denied
   - create mydb first, replicate with http://localhost/mydb -> worked

Seems like 2 bugs:

   - database needs URL, local name doesn't work
   - database creation fails even for admin account

Nevertheless: I got my objective for now, happy camper

Create a nice day!
Stephan H. Wissel

Phone: +65 96673269
Blog <http://www.wissel.net/blog> Twitter <http://twitter.com/notessensei>