Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Heji Kim <hs...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/03 00:50:27 UTC

persistence iops and throughput check? Re: Running a spark code on multiple machines using google cloud platform

Dear Anahita,

When we run performance tests for Spark/YARN clusters on GCP, we have to
make sure we are within iops and throughput limits.  Depending on disk type
(standard or SSD) and size of disk, you will only get so many max sustained
iops and throughput per sec. The GCP instance metrics graphs are not great
but enough to determine if you are over the limit.

https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/disks/performance

Heji