Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lawonna Daves <la...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/16 00:10:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Reply Re: need help: httpd: with SSL - howto ?!

Did you set the bases for SSL and RSA when you
configured Apache using this command:

SSL_BASE=.../openssl-0.9... \
RSA_BASE=.../openssl-0.9.../rsaref (wherever that file
is located in openssl) |
.\configure --enable-module=ssl \ etc.
make
make certificate TYPE=custom (answer questions)
make install

I might be wrong but it appears the server key and
Apache keys are not the same so if the bases weren't
set, maybe it's a communication problem between
OpenSSL and Apache. I may be way off about this, but I
hope it helps. LD

When I start httpd using: apachectl startssl,
I get errors:

[Sun Sep 15 01:11:39 2002] [error] mod_ssl: Init:
(localhost) Unable to
configure RSA server private key (OpenSSL library
error follows)
[Sun Sep 15 01:11:39 2002] [error] OpenSSL:
error:0B080074:x509 certificate
routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch