Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jerome Verleyen <je...@ibt.unam.mx> on 2001/06/15 20:24:09 UTC

Chnage name of group

Hello,
i'm ask this question two days , but nobody answer to me..

Just to know if "it is a bug or a feature" the fact that we can change
the name of a group, or of a user, or of a role ??

I'm just correct this for my own.

Can someone answer please?

Jerome Verleyen

--
- Beau jeune homme, il doit pas être loin de ses 75 kilos.
- J'l'ai pas pesé!

Re: Chnage name of group

Posted by Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com>.
It is probably a feature: Those fields are the primary keys, so
changing them would require a re-indexing of the database and doing
that re-indexing is done differently with different dataservers.

This is just a wild guess.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@teledyn.com> TeleDynamics Communications Inc

Re: Chnage name of group

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@yahoo.com>.
I'm sorry to agree with Jon, but I didn't understand your explanation.

Are you asking whether usernames are fixed once entered? That may be true.

If you cannot change any user information that sounds wrong - and may
be something to do with your database setup. (I'm guessing).

Alex

=====
Alex McLintock        alex@OWAL.co.uk    Open Source Consultancy in London
OpenWeb Analysts Ltd, http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
DR WHO COMPETITION: http://www.diversebooks.com/cgi-bin/caption/captions.cgi?date=200104
Get Your XML T-Shirt <t-shirt/> at http://www.inversity.co.uk/

Re: Chnage name of group

Posted by Jerome Verleyen <je...@ibt.unam.mx>.

Re: Chnage name of group

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Re: Chnage name of group

Posted by Jerome Verleyen <je...@ibt.unam.mx>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 6/15/01 2:24 PM, "Jerome Verleyen" <je...@ibt.unam.mx> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > i'm ask this question two days , but nobody answer to me..
> >
> > Just to know if "it is a bug or a feature" the fact that we can change
> > the name of a group, or of a user, or of a role ??
> >
> > I'm just correct this for my own.
> >
> > Can someone answer please?
>
> You cannot change the name of a security entity, you
> must remove it and add it again. We had discussions
> about this and there is a general problem because
> the name is the unique identifier.

Ok, that's right.
But why not put this name in the screen that it can't be changed? Just
like this:

FluxUserForm.vm :

../..

 #set ( $user = $flux.User )
	#if ($flux.Mode == "modify")
    	   <b>
             Username
	   </b>
    	   <b>
             $!user.UserName
	   </b>
	#else
         #formCell ("Username" "username" $!user.UserName)
	#end
        #formCell ("Password" "password" $!user.Password)
        #formCell ("First Name" "firstname" $!user.FirstName)
        #formCell ("Last Name" "lastname" $!user.LastName)
        #formCell ("Email" "email" $!user.Email)
../..

It just verify the context in what the page is called.

Thank's for the responses..

> jvz.

Jerome Verleyen
--
 ED : (Intel) ne fait que des circuits electroniques.
 ALG: et quasiment d'un seul type : des 4004 et leurs divers dérivés.

Re: Chnage name of group

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.

--

jvz.