Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Taylor <64...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/07/15 18:45:50 UTC

URL for String TagLib source code

It seems I'm having difficulty finding the source code for the String
Taglib.

I go here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/index.html#Downloads

Click on the link labeled as
"http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.html.".

Which directs me to http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/index.html.

I click on Taglibs and am taken here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_taglibs.html

I click on String Taglib and am taken here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_taglibs-string.cgi

But do not see a source code distribution.

Any ideas?

/robert

Re: URL for String TagLib source code

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 7/15/05, Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/15/05, Robert Taylor <64...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > It seems I'm having difficulty finding the source code for the String
> > Taglib.
> >
> > I go here:
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/index.html#Downloads
> >
> > Click on the link labeled as
> > "http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.html.".
>
> You would choose the *last* source link in that section. ;-) Both of
> the previous source links will get you the source code, for Taglibs
> and Taglibs Sandbox. Alternatively, you can retrieve the sources
> directly from Subversion at:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/taglibs/

Are source distributions of the taglibs available anywhere?

Not hard to add them to the download stuff, I just can't find them.
This seems bad doesn't it?

Hen

Re: URL for String TagLib source code

Posted by Robert Taylor <64...@bellsouth.net>.
Yep. I found these, but am using a binary build that is not a nightly
drop. Not a big deal, unless your trying to locate something in a stack
trace which points to a line of code which does not correspond to the
source you have. Luckily, that's not what I'm doing.

Thanks Rahul, Martin, and Henry.

Posted by Rahul P Akolkar <ak...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul P Akolkar <ak...@us.ibm.com>.
Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote on 07/15/2005 01:53:07 PM:
<snip/>
> While I'm on a slightly different topic:
>
> * we really don't release source when we release code?

AFAICT. Which is why I had to prepend my earlier post with "In the mean
time, ..."

Do we have tags for all past releases? I think this is becoming more
appropriate for the dev list.

-Rahul

P.S.- Robert, thanks for bringing this up!

Posted by Robert Taylor <64...@bellsouth.net>.
Okay. I guess I'm just use to downloading Struts source which appears to
correspond to its binary release. So I assumed that other Apache/Jakarta
projects would be similar. Well, there you have it, I ass-u-me-d.

Once again, not a problem and thanks for the help.

/robert

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.

--