Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com> on 2019/05/10 07:10:31 UTC

Feature Archetype and poms

Hi,

Feature poms come in 2 distinct types. One has packaging as "pom" and the other as "feature".

Perhaps I am missing an important difference and application for each method, some guidance would be
appreciated.

Paul Fraser

Re: Feature Archetype and poms

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Paul,

Not sure I understand what you mean.

If you mean the pom.xml used to "generate/verify" features repository,
both works, it depends kind of execution you want to have. It's the same
for distribution: you can use pom or karaf-assembly.

If you mean the artifacts, you have both: pom to describe the project,
features classifier xml.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Feature Archetype and poms

Posted by ma...@icloud.com.
The pom is exactly that: the POM of the project. The feature xml is the artifact generated with the pom, and the one you want to use to install features.