Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com> on 2013/07/16 10:08:46 UTC

Linus cloudopen in Edinburgh

Hi all

We're considering submitting some CloudStack focussed talks for Linux Cloudopen in Edinburgh (21-23 October)

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudopen-europe/program/cfp

Is anybody else from the ACS community:
a)going ?
b) planning on submitting ACS talks ?

I ask (a) simply because it would be good to see people, I ask (b) because we haven't yet submitted talks and want to make sure we're complimentary to anybody elses

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett
CEO

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@shapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

10/11 July, Bangalore, India<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>
21/22 August, London<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Linus cloudopen in Edinburgh

Posted by Mark Hinkle <Ma...@citrix.com>.
Sorry I missed this yesterday but I just got done reviewing submissions(I am on the program committee) from the last CloudOpen in New Orleans  and I would have liked to seen more best practices and user case studies. Things I think would be good talks:

The Utility of Storage - Considerations for setting up Storage in Cloud - Different configurations for secondary and primary storage. Managing performance versus costs.

Private Cloud Architecture - Developing self-service clouds for enterprise users. I think there is a huge demand for doing this but people need a place to start.

Project specific talks are good but I think talks aimed at solving the user problems are in demand.

Regards, Mark

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.