Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com> on 2015/07/03 05:53:27 UTC

[DISCUSS] Discontinue Stratos LB in future releases

Hi Devs,

Since we have very comprehensive LB extension and capable of adding any
third party LBs, IMO we should not have Stratos specific LB. I'm proposing
to discontinue Stratos LB after 4.1.0 release.

Thoughts welcome!

thanks

--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Vice President, Apache Stratos

Re: [DISCUSS] Discontinue Stratos LB in future releases

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
On Friday, July 3, 2015, David Hbase <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 It's critical to realize the Dynamic load balancing with auto-scaling.
> We need to auto spawn the new instance, but most important for the
> production is: Dynamically balancing the new member ( Instance / Container
> / Minions ).
>
> Issue:
> . If remove the SLB, Can we confirm the upstream SSL functions?

IMO it should be done following LB specific instructions. e.g if it's nginx
then should follow nginx instructions to add SSL certs.

> . For the all others LBs, how to realize the seamless Dynamic LB? Multiple
> LB containers may able to realize the seamless.

It doesn't depends on SLB. It's a generic function of Stratos and it will
cover by LB extension.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: [DISCUSS] Discontinue Stratos LB in future releases

Posted by Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@wso2.com>.
+1 for this. Since there are widely used LBs out there IMO we should focus
on creating / testing more 3rd party LB integrations and make those
available as docker images or cartridges

Thanks,
Sajith

--
Sajith Kariyawasam
*Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos, *

Re: [DISCUSS] Discontinue Stratos LB in future releases

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
+1 for this.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.