Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au> on 2010/06/18 23:28:07 UTC

CQ5 CMS

Guys,

I've emailed Roy and Jukka a fair few times now over the months, trying to
get either one to
install CQ5 for testing - or to supply a copy of it so I can install it
myself.

We have a VM ready and waiting at wcmdemo.a.o (and both roy and jukka have
accts ready)

We DO plan on replacing Confluence as a poor mans CMS as soon as possible
(though it WILL
remain as a wiki).

Any ideas on when we are likely to be able to pursue this, or, if things
have changed and this
is no longer going to be the case, please let us know so we can forget about
it and pursue
other avenues,

Thanks

Gav...

RE: CQ5 CMS

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Sorry to hear that ,all the best.

> > We DO plan on replacing Confluence as a poor mans CMS as soon as
> possible
> > (though it WILL
> > remain as a wiki).
> >
> > Any ideas on when we are likely to be able to pursue this, or, if
> things
> > have changed and this
> > is no longer going to be the case, please let us know so we can
> forget about
> > it and pursue
> > other avenues,
>
> You can pursue other avenues any time you like.  Please do if
> you have any other volunteers -- there is no reason to assume
> CQ5 will be acceptable even once we install it on wcdemo.

Right, but it does looks good, we have already discounted other
software and I think just wanted to see how this faired before
going elsewhere or not.

> As to timing, the main problem I ran into is that we need a
> custom compiled version of our dispatcher (think mod_proxy_http
> with custom cache replacement) for our alpha version of httpd,
> and I haven't a friggin clue how to compile the beast.

ok.

> Aside from that,
>
> is that we are waiting for some
> fixes
>
> .  Seriously, I waited six months or
> so for a machine or a zone

Right, which was one reason I picked up the dropped ball and got it done in
January. Confluence as a CMS proved its unsuitability for us once again when
we were forced to upgrade it recently, breaking a number of static site
exports in the process, projects are complaining again so was just
attempting
to pick this up again and see how we were situated.

Thanks

Gav...

Re: CQ5 CMS

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
On Jun 18, 2010, at 4:57 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> As to timing, the main problem I ran into is that we need a
> custom compiled version of our dispatcher (think mod_proxy_http
> with custom cache replacement) for our alpha version of httpd,
> and I haven't a friggin clue how to compile the beast.
> Aside from that,

oops, hit the wrong button ....

I may end up rewriting it from scratch, since the current dispatcher
was written before APR and we probably don't need the IIS code.

Anyway, I'll give it another try after next week if I am sane.

....Roy

Re: CQ5 CMS

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.