Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Ai, Larry" <la...@cas.org> on 2003/06/30 20:49:55 UTC

document object

All:

    I used batik API to convert my image to SVG format and then include that image in the pdf document.

    There are two approaches:

1)       draw the image and use SVGGraphics2D.stream(..) to output the image in SVG in a temp file

then in the xsl file, I would say:

<xsl:apply-templates select="document('temp.xml')"/>

         This approach works fine but I don't want to create a lot of temp files.

2)       I will let the batik method to return a Document object and in my xls file I will say:

<xsl:apply-templates select="document(document object)"/>

In my batik method,

          document = domImpl.createDocument(null, "svg", null);

          g2d = new SVGGraphics2D(document);

 image.paint(g2d);

return document;

I assume that the document object will hold the entire tree of the SVG representation of the image.

But it does not work! Anyone can provide pointers?!

Thanks!

Larry