Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by stephan NORBERT-PAPIN <sn...@hotmail.com> on 2001/06/18 10:38:15 UTC

transcode problem

hi all,

I got a problem with the transcode method.

I'm using an application server based on a tomcat.
It is working on jdk1.2.2

I'm trying to transcode a SVG using the transcode api sample on the batik
site.
every sample do the same error.

I got two errors when I refresh the page two times and the third
times it works
can somebody help me on how to fix that.

Many thanks

Here are the errors :
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.batik.util.Service.providers(Service.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGOMDocument.getDomExtensions(SVGOMDocument.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGOMDocument.registerExtensions(SVGOMDocument.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGOMDocument.(SVGOMDocument.java:416)
	at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGDOMImplementation.createDocument(SVGDOMImplementation.java:110)
	at
org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXDocumentFactory.java:181)
	at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java:96)
	at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java:162)
	at
org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:112)

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.batik.util.Service.providers(Service.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.getBridgeExtensions(BridgeContext.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.registerSVGBridges(BridgeContext.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.(BridgeContext.java:180)
	at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.(BridgeContext.java:146)
	at
org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder.transcode(ImageTranscoder.java:152)
	at
org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:126)

transcode problem

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

SNP> hi all, I got a problem with the transcode method.

SNP> I'm using an application server based on a tomcat.  It is working
SNP> on jdk1.2.2

SNP> I'm trying to transcode a SVG using the transcode api sample on
SNP> the batik site.  every sample do the same error.

SNP> I got two errors when I refresh the page two times and the third
SNP> times it works can somebody help me on how to fix that.

     I'm guessing you have 'junk' files in your META-INF/services
directory.  I'm keen to track this down since it would be nice if the
extension mechanism (which is throwing the errors) didn't cause
problems :).

     Is it possible for you to run this under JDK 1.3?  I ask this
since JDK 1.3 always gives line numbers (not 'compiled code').  There
is also a way to do it under 1.2.2 but it escapes me at the moment.

     I would also point out that 1.3 is our recomended JDK, as there
are a few known bugs in JDK 1.2.2 that may cause incorrect output (in
particular with gaussian blurring and some of alpha handling in
compositing).

SNP> Many thanks

SNP> Here are the errors : java.lang.NullPointerException at
SNP> org.apache.batik.util.Service.providers(Service.java, Compiled
SNP> Code) at
     I'm keen to know what line this happens at...