Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/08/19 21:40:29 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "UsingBugzilla" by DuncanFindlay

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DuncanFindlay:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UsingBugzilla

   * mark duplicated bugs as duplicate
   * try to confirm bugs
   * test submitted rules with promise (see AutoMassChecks)
-  * ask users for additional information as needed (sooner is better if you want a response)
+  * ask users for additional information as needed (sooner is better if you want a response), you can use the moreinfo keyword to denote bugs awaiting a response
   * set the severity (how bad does it affect things, is it an enhancement request, etc.)
   * close bugs already fixed (when possible, this is mostly done by developers, but sometimes it's obvious or easy to tell)
   * close bugs that are invalid.
@@ -58, +58 @@

  == When Taking Bugs... ==

- MichaelParker phrased it like this:
-   When taking a bug in Bugzilla, please go ahead and make sure
+ When taking a bug in Bugzilla (i.e. assigning it to yourself), please go ahead and make sure
-   dev@spamassassin.apache.org is in the CC list.  That way bug
+ dev@spamassassin.apache.org is in the CC list.  That way bug
-   discussion is out in the open.
+ discussion is out in the open.

  == Tagging Bugs ==

- '''''Can somebody please explain the tags used in the subject line, I am aware of "RFE" and "[review]"''''' (MalteStretz)
+ Generally in addition to using [http://bugzilla.spamassassin.org/describekeywords.cgi Keywords], we use the "Status Whiteboard" field to give a quick overview of what the status of the bug is.
+
+ Bugs that need peer review are usually tagged with [review] in the subject as this makes it more obvious when reading the dev list that a bug needs review. This should maybe be a keyword also?

  == Committing Fixes For Bugs ==

@@ -79, +80 @@

  == Categories For Closing Bugs ==

- '''''Can somebody please explain the categories used for closing bugs? Specifically guidelines for INVALID vs WORKSFORME''''' (SidneyMarkowitz)
+  * FIXED: it's now fixed in SVN -- this is usually used when a commiter checks in a fix for the bug.
+  * INVALID: it's not actually a bug report, or not something related to SpamAssassin -- "SpamAssassin doesn't work!" or "I can't install SpamAssassin"
+  * WONTFIX: the report proposes something that we do not want to fix either for technical or philosophical reasons -- "SpamAssassin should do anti-virus scanning"
+  * WORKSFORME: it's not reproducible, or the reported behaviour seems to be as designed
+  * LATER: this might be something we should look at in the far future, but for now its infeasible or undesirable -- seldom used
+  * REMIND: we don't generally use this