Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org> on 2008/12/10 15:30:31 UTC

[DISCUSS] Announce of the IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 release

Here is the proposal of the announcement:

-----

The Apache Ivy project is pleased to announce the release of IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1.

IvyDE is an Eclipse plugin that leverage the management of the Ivy dependencies in the Eclipse development environment.
It will help you manage your classpath based on the Ivy dependencies, with a dedicated editor of ivy.xml files, with completion.

Whereas the status of the previous release was alpha, we got this plugin to be more stable. The bugs which were making the plugin unusable have been fixed. Thought we know that there still some bugs, so this is a milestone towards the final stable, a beta milestone.

To download IvyDE: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/download.cgi
Important note: the IvyDE updatesite at http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite is now deprecated because it causes us some deployment pain (which probably get some pain to some user too). So please switch to use this one:
http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/

The new main features in this release:
* the configuration panel have been splitted to be more manageable and understandable
* Error markers now shows up if the resolve job failed
* You can clean the ivy caches via the context menu
* still experimental: handle dependencies between IvyDE-enabled projects

You will find the raw release notes there:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310640&styleName=Html&version=12313273

To get more information on the project, see:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/

Nicolas

AW: AW: AW: [DISCUSS] Announce of the IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 release

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
>IvyDE does use Ivy, but it is a dependency relation more than a
>inclusion/embedding relation. IvyDE relies on Ivy just as it relies on
>the Eclipse JDT APIs.
>And so when there is a new version of Ivy released, there is
>no need to
>do a new release of IvyDE.

Ok, thanks.
So Ivy is available as Eclipse plugin.

Jan

Re: AW: AW: [DISCUSS] Announce of the IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 release

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

Re: AW: [DISCUSS] Announce of the IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 release

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de a écrit :

Good catch, thanks.

>> To download IvyDE: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/download.cgi
>> Important note: the IvyDE updatesite at
>> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite is now deprecated
>> because it causes us some deployment pain (which probably get
>> some pain to some user too). So please switch to use this one:
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/
>>
>> The new main features in this release:
>> * the configuration panel have been splitted to be more
>> manageable and understandable
>> * Error markers now shows up if the resolve job failed
>> * You can clean the ivy caches via the context menu
>> * still experimental: handle dependencies between
>> IvyDE-enabled projects
>>

> ?? Which Ivy version is included?

Ivy is not included within IvyDE, it is distributed just next to it. The
last Ivy release is already deployed on the eclipse updatesite.
But probably we can at least refer to the compatibility between them:
* it is compatible with the last release of Ivy (2.0.0.rc2)

Nicolas

>> You will find the raw release notes there:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectI
>> d=12310640&styleName=Html&version=12313273
>>
>> To get more information on the project, see:
>> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/
>>
>> Nicolas
>>

> Just my few cents ...
>

> Jan

AW: [DISCUSS] Announce of the IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 release

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.

Just my few cents ...

Jan