Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by "Deshpande, Deepak" <dd...@verisign.com> on 2010/11/11 17:29:40 UTC

DirTailingAdaptor file filter issue

The DirTailingAdaptor doesn't honor the file filter correctly. After
first restart of Chukwa agent, the DirTailingAdaptor is starting an
adaptor for files that don't match the filter provided. After little
research, I found that the check point file for DirTailingAdaptor
doesn't have the file filter argument provided by user.  The bug is in
"getCurrentStatus" method and it doesn't return the file pattern
provided by user in the returned String. I was able to fix the issue by
returning the file pattern in the returned String.

Thanks,
Deepak Deshpande.

Re: DirTailingAdaptor file filter issue

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
Can you open an issue on JIRA and attach your patch for this?

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department