Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stephen Nesbitt <sn...@cobaltgroup.com> on 2005/10/19 03:20:42 UTC

Need Help Extending Copy Task

All:

I'm trying to extend the the copy task and am running into a brick wall.

What I am trying to do is to extend the task so that it can accept a property
which contains a comma separated list of FileSet references. For example:
<my:copy dir="thisDir" filesetlist="thisRef,thatRef" />. my:copy would do
nothing more than parse filesetlist and call the copy task for each
reference.

I thought I should be able to do something like this:

Copy newCopy = new Copy();
newCopy.setTodir(new File(thisDir));
newCopy.addFileset( (FileSet) getProject().getReference(thisRef));
newCopy.execute();

This isn't working - I get a null pointer exception on line 382 of
AbstractFileSet on the statement:
        p.log(getDataTypeName() + ": Setup scanner in dir " + dir
            + " with " + defaultPatterns, Project.MSG_DEBUG);

I believe it is choking on defaultPatterns.

I am undoubtedly missing something obvious, but would appreciate some guidance
(and forbearance!)

-steve

--

Stephen Nesbitt
Senior Configuration Management Engineer

Re: Need Help Extending Copy Task

Posted by Stephen Nesbitt <sn...@cobaltgroup.com>.
On Wednesday 19 October 2005 01:01, Steve Loughran wrote:
> question: where does this newCopy get its project to log to?
>
> Because I dont see you passing it down, and I would centainly expect
> project.log() to NPE when it is null -which is exactly what appears to
> be happening.
>
> newCopy.setProject(getProject())
Bingo! And duh!

Thanks!