Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/07 02:27:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NiFi MiNiFi 0.0.1 (RC1)

Hello Apache NiFi Community,

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of Apache NiFi
- MiNiFi,
minifi-0.0.1.

The source zip, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1087

The Git tag is minifi-0.0.1-RC1

The Git commit hash is d6ebeda6bce8259f0531e8455965625333315bdb
*
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=nifi-minifi.git;a=commit;h=d6ebeda6bce8259f0531e8455965625333315bdb

*
https://github.com/apache/nifi-minifi/commit/d6ebeda6bce8259f0531e8455965625333315bdb

Checksums of minifi-0.0.1-source-release.zip:
MD5: b63355fb419ca09b26fe12485b3bf4a5
SHA1: 4c9352b7d4d53d139a707dbdcd03df73dbfb847d
SHA256: d52e7f614afe6aee05e6796e429f2813b51f36d2b6d83a4c08a1fb1fdb50b2ff

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/aldrin

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/nifi/KEYS

30 issues were closed/resolved for this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316020&version=12335481

Release note highlights can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MINIFI/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-Version0.0.1

The vote will be open for 72 hours.
Please download the release candidate and evaluate the necessary items
including checking hashes, signatures, build from source, and test. Then
please vote:

[ ] +1 Release this package as minifi-0.0.1
[ ] +0 no opinion

Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi MiNiFi 0.0.1 (RC1)

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Ah, good catches.  There was a culling of dependencies to reduce overall
assembly size and Quartz was likely a casualty of the Spring removal.  The
CRON support is an important one, and in maintaining some of the simpler
functionalities that are in NiFi, think should also be available in MiNiFi.

Have also created an issue to track the this.

Thanks, Pierre!

Posted by Bryan Rosander <br...@gmail.com>.
Hey Pierre,

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
+1, binding

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding.

Posted by Bryan Rosander <br...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Joe Percivall <jo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

    On Thursday, July 7, 2016 12:05 AM, Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi,
I verified the GPG signature and all hash signatures. Contrib check ran fine.
I used one of the example config.yml files in the System Admin Guide and deployed it to the compiled binary. The tool ran successfully and wrote to a log file on my system. I have a couple notes about the release but nothing blocking.
+1 (non-binding)
Notes/questions:
README.md:* Could we use HTTPS links when possible?* The note about the time to run a parallel Maven build says on a moderate dev laptop it should complete in less than 10 minutes. While true, a more accurate statement would be < 2 minutes. * The mkdir example references “example-nifi-deploy” and “example-minifi-deploy” interchangeably.  * Are there separate MiNiFi mailing lists and IRC nodes coming?
System Admin Guide:* Could we use HTTPS links when possible?
config.yml:* Could we please change the default algorithm for protecting sensitive property values to something stronger than the current selection? I would open a Jira if necessary, but this is one of those things that is really better to do before the first release so users have a backward-compatible config.yml file moving forward. If we change it in a subsequent release, we will need to do significant migration hand-holding. My suggestion would be "PBEWITHSHA256AND256BITAES-CBC-BC” which is significantly stronger, but after trying a few BC options, I continue to get EncryptionExceptions even though I have the JCE unlimited cryptographic strength jurisdiction policy files installed, so this may be a 0.0.2 fix. Is BouncyCastle not enabled by default?* Question about how processors and connectors reference each other — it appears connectors reference source processors by name but destination processors or ports by ID? Is this consistent or just demonstrating the flexibility of the system? Also, what enforces processor name uniqueness, as this is not an existing feature of NiFi.
Andy LoPrestoalopresto@apache.orgalopresto.apache@gmail.comPGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,