Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Arevalo, Cesar (GE Comm Fin, non-ge)" <ce...@ge.com> on 2006/12/01 15:43:53 UTC

[Non Struts] - Query Building Tool

Hi All,

This is not a question about Struts or Java at all. But it might :-)

Here at work I have been assigned the creation of a tool with a nice Web
GUI so that a non technical user can create filters for reports we are
making. This of course means that the nice GUI is a Query Building Tool
that I will have to create so that the filters he inputs are put down on
SQL for the reports to come out. The infrastructure is application
server and orable database. Does this make sense?

So my question would be, are there any tools that already do this? Are
they for the web? Do you know of any web tool tha I can use as base and
maybe work on that.

Thanks in advance and Many Regards
-Cesar

PS. Sorry if it isn't a Struts question