Posted to users@camel.apache.org by nap <na...@adchemy.com> on 2011/06/10 04:44:05 UTC

Error Handling on IMAP Component

Hi,

We have a route that is consuming from an IMAP Component. How can we catch
errors that occurs from the IMAP Component in the case that the mail server
is down or the credentials have changed?

Thanks,

Nap

Re: Error Handling on IMAP Component

Posted by nap <na...@adchemy.com>.
We were actually able to solve this by implementing a
PollingConsumerPollStrategy, since the error occurs before any Exchange has
been created and therefore won't be handled by Camel's regular Exception
handling. Please see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Polling+Consumer
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Polling+Consumer  for
reference.

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com>.
Hi,

Please check out the Exception Handling capability in Camel
http://camel.apache.org/exception-clause.html
http://camel.apache.org/exception-clause.html

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com
CamelOne 2011: http://fusesource.com/camel2011