Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Christoph Wilhelms <Ch...@impress.com> on 2003/02/10 11:13:47 UTC

[PLEASE REVIEW] Ant Projects Page and Tabs (ink. Preview)

Hi All!

I have just committed changes to the Velocity/Anakia templates to generate
Forrest like "menu-tabs" (yes, FakeForrest has even more bocome like
Forrest). I sightly had to extend the DTD a bit, but it still works with the
current XMLs ofcourse.

The reason I enabled Tabs are the recent discussions about the Ant-Projects
and another "I have build an Ant GUI (beaucse I did not know that ANTidote
exists)" mail. The second tab I have in mind should be home of these
Projects like ANTidote, Myrmidon and probably Ant-contrib and others that
might come!

In fact Antidote, for it has been really revived now, is much too hidden ATM
IMHO!

To give you a preview I uploaded it to my personal homepage
http://www.jgui.org/forrest (instead of commiting it to
"proposal/ant-site/anakia/xdocs" because lots of resources would have to be
re-added there). Unfortunately the Antidote screenshot has been broken
during upload.

If there are no objections I'll commit it tonight to the docs/xdocs
directories - oh: and if someone feels to write a nicer "welcome" on the
Projects/index.xml: feel free to!

Greetinx,
Chris

Re: [PLEASE REVIEW] Ant Projects Page and Tabs (ink. Preview)

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Christoph Wilhelms
<Ch...@impress.com> wrote:

> In fact Antidote, for it has been really revived now, is much too
> hidden ATM IMHO!

+1

and I think tabs is the way to go, yes.

> To give you a preview I uploaded it to my personal homepage
> http://www.jgui.org/forrest

looks good.

> If there are no objections I'll commit it tonight to the docs/xdocs
> directories

Just make sure you update everything, I expect to do a few changes
to mail.xml and cvs.xml today.

> and if someone feels to write a nicer "welcome" on the
> Projects/index.xml: feel free to!

I'd drop any reference to myrmidon (state is quite unclear ATM) and
Ant-Contrib (so far I haven't heard a project maintainer of it asking
for it to become a subproject of Ant).

Stefan