Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by David Newcomb <da...@bigsoft.co.uk> on 2009/09/28 16:11:16 UTC

Re: Commiting Messages with Local Transaction (not XA)

There's quite a good article here, written by David Syer.

Distributed transactions in Spring, with and without XA
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-01-2009/jw-01-spring-transactions.html

It's a little Spring orientation but answers all your questions.

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 Adam Brod <lo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi-
>
> I am working on a system where we want to send a message each time an entity
> is updated.  I really want to commit the message to the broker using a local
> transaction - I can't use XA.  If the local transaction rolls back and the
> entity isn't committed, then I don't want the message to be sent.  If the
> local transaction commits I want to guarantee that the message is put on a
> Queue.
>
> I was thinking that perhaps if I use an embedded broker and some form of
> JDBC Persistence Store, I could configure the embedded broker to use the
> same DB connection (and JDBC transaction) as the rest of the application.
> Is this possible?
>
> This will be relatively low-volume, so I'm not too concerned about
> throughput and latency.  I'm more interested in ensuring transactional
> integrity without XA transactions.
>
> Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips.
>
> Thanks!
> -Adam

David
Managing Director