Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by bigaboys <ri...@hotmail.com> on 2006/12/27 03:24:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Attaching Domain name to my DNS

Ive got Apache 2.2 installed and i bought a .com off GoDaddy, now how to i
attach the .com to my DNS so i can host the website?

Please guys anything will be appreciated as i cant find any answer with
google

Re: [users@httpd] Attaching Domain name to my DNS

Posted by bigaboys <ri...@hotmail.com>.

Evan Platt wrote:

> Do you have a static IP or dynamic IP?
>
> If you have a static IP, you need to tell godaddy that your website
> is on whatever your static IP is.
>
> If you have dynamic IP, look at something like dyndns.com, and then
> have godady redirect to your .dyndns.com domain.
>
> At 06:24 PM 12/26/2006, you wrote:
>
>>Ive got Apache 2.2 installed and i bought a .com off GoDaddy, now how to i
>>attach the .com to my DNS so i can host the website?
>>
>>Please guys anything will be appreciated as i cant find any answer with
>>google
>>--
Nabble.com.

dam your the best, ive got a dynamic ip.

I went to the dyndns.com site, is it ok if you can help me walk through it
please? like do i click on "create hosts"?

Re: [users@httpd] Attaching Domain name to my DNS

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.

Posted by Yvo van Doorn <yv...@gmail.com>.
You will need to create a CNAME (aka ALIAS) record for your root
(.domain.com) and www.domain.com to point to blahblah.dyndns.com

Posted by bigaboys <ri...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Yvo van Doorn <yv...@gmail.com>.