Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/02 02:00:15 UTC

Myfaces core 1.1.6-rc1-SNAPSHOT available

Hi

The release candidate for MyFaces Core 1.1.6-rc1-SNAPSHOT can be found here

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-api/1.1.6-rc1-SNAPSHOT/
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-impl/1.1.6-rc1-SNAPSHOT/

Please have a look at these artifacts and vote:
[ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be released
   (and reason why)

regards

Leonardo Uribe

Re: Myfaces core 1.1.6-rc1-SNAPSHOT available

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 4:09 PM, simon <si...@chello.at> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 19:00 -0500, Leonardo Uribe wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> The release candidate for MyFaces Core 1.1.6-rc1-SNAPSHOT can be found
> >> here
> >>

> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-api/1.1.6-rc1-SNAPSHOT/
> >>
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-impl/1.1.6-rc1-SNAPSHOT/
> >
> > Just to clarify:
> >
> > The last release of Myfaces Core (1.1.5) was in Feb 2007. Since then a
> > lot of changes have been made.
> >
> > Therefore for the upcoming 1.1.6 release we have decided to build a
> > "release candidate" with version number 1.1.6-rc1 for wider testing.
>
> a very good idea!
>

> > We would very much appreciate people testing this *release candidate*
> > and reporting any *regressions* since the 1.1.5 release. Please do NOT
> > point out any bugs that also exist in the 1.1.5 release; it has been far
> > too long since the last release of Core 1.1.x and we need to get things
> > "rolling" again, so only regressions will be dealt with at this time.
> >
> > Regressions should be discussed on the dev or user list, so they get
> > immediate attention.
>
> perhaps some indicator such as
> [core 1.1.6] may help to find those regressions.
>

> > If you are using myfaces 1.1.x in production, then you really should
> > test this new artifact. Those who report problems *after* the release is
> > out may not get a lot of sympathy!
> >
> > As the rc1 artifacts are in the standard apache snapshot repository,
> > maven users can test them by defining the apache snapshot repo in an
> > active profile in their settings.xml file then just referencing the
> > artifact from the pom.xml of their projects. Or the jars can be
> > downloaded manually from the above locations.
> >
> > If there are no significant regressions reported in the next couple of
> > weeks against 1.1.6-rc1, then the final artifacts for a 1.1.6 release
> > will be built and a release vote called. You can "vote" on this thread
> > if you like, but these "-rc1" artifacts are not intended for release;
> > the "real" vote will be later.
> >
> > Leonardo, I think an email should go to the user list too. Will you send
> > it, or should I?

You have more clear the objectives and intention of made a rc, So I prefer
if you send the email please.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.