Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Cooke, Aedemar" <ae...@rbc.com> on 2002/10/31 11:33:45 UTC

Problems copying log4j jar file to AS400

Hi,

I would like some advice on how to get log4j working on the AS400.  I have
tried the following

1) I copied log4j-1.2.6.jar from Windows 2000 server to
/QIBM/UserData/WebASAdv4/default/lib/app using Client Access tool.  This
resulted in the following error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/log4j/Logger when I tried to run my application.  I tried to
examine the log file on the AS400 using winzip and got the following error:
missing 160 bytes in zip file.  When I examined the copy on the Windows 2000
server, it opened fine.

2) I copied the org/apache/log4j/Logger.class to the
/QIBM/UserData/WebASAdv4/default/lib/app directory on the AS400 using Client
Access tool.  All worked fine.  Log files were produced.

I have copied other jar files from Windows 2000 to the AS400 using Client
access and I can open them with WinZip.  It is only with the log4j file that
I am experiencing any difficulties.

I am trying to deploy my application on Websphere Application Server  (WAS)
on the AS/400 version 5 release 1.  I have the application running under
Websphere Studio Application Developer's (WSAD) test server on my Windows
2000 server.  There is no problem using log4j.

All help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aedemar

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen.