Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/24 15:52:04 UTC

Lucene / Solr 4.6

If someone doesn’t end up with an itch to push it faster, or someone just likes the work, I’ll also volunteer to RM 4.6. Seems we have already accumulated a good set of changes. Wouldn’t be until about 3-3.5 weeks from now (after getting back from Lucene Revolution).

- Mark

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@gmail.com>.
scratch that! LOL thanks for doing 4.5.1

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
+1.

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks for giving the heads up so early then!

Shai

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
I upgraded the randomized-testing dependency in the Maven build on branch_4x and lucene_solr_4_6 (4.6 branch: r1541117).

(The junit4-ant dependency isn’t used by the Maven build, so nothing needed to change for it.)

‘ant validate-maven-dependencies' failed locally for me before this change, and succeeded afterward.

Sorry for the disruption, Simon, please go ahead with building the RC.

Steve

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@gmail.com>.
FYI I am now buliding this thing the 3rd time since something goes
wrong each time (gpg doesn't like me and the script keeps on going)
and my upload is slow so it take a while!

simon

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Simon,

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

<si...@gmail.com>wrote:

> hey folks,
>
> I think it's time to get this going. Mark I can do the release as well
> do we wanna set a date? IMO I'd love to start tomorrow but I guess I
> will get some "I wanna get featrue XYZ in" emails so what about
> cutting the RC next week Tuesday?
>
> simon
>
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 5:22 AM, Otis Gospodnetic
> <ot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Awesome, if you ask me. I want to try a number of new changes.
> >
> > Otis
> > Solr & ElasticSearch Support
> > http://sematext.com/
> >
> > On Oct 24, 2013 10:14 AM, "Mark Miller" <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I think releasing once a month when we can is great - putting features
> >> into users hands faster is a dream come true :) Glad we even have the
> option
> >> now. We have had that cadence breifly before, and when we don’t, it’s
> >> usually just a lack of a volunteer.
> >>
> >> Personally, I want to get out some changes that I’ve worked on.
> >>
> >> I love release often. The stuff that doesn’t make it in will come in
> 4.7,
> >> which can also be not long after 4.6.
> >>
> >> I just also like a little warning first.
> >>
> >> - Mark
> >>
> >> On Oct 24, 2013, at 10:03 AM, Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there any reason to rush? We've released 4.5.0 just 3 weeks ago.
> >>
> >> Shai

- Mark

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@gmail.com>.