Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Baron Moenghausen <ap...@ukr.net> on 2004/05/18 14:53:20 UTC

cyrillic

Hello!
What wrong with pdf made with cyrillic KOI8-r?

Re: cyrillic

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Baron Moenghausen wrote:

> OK, let's try again :)
>
> Imagine, I've made a pdf document with fop using CID-keyed fonts. The
> text is readable, but when I attempts to cut'n'paste into OpenOffice (or
> Word, so on) I have just "############" instead of correct cyrillic text.

Yes search and copy/paste dont work for custom fonts, *unless* you can work
within the iso-8859-1 character set. I guess you probably cant, but just for
the sake of completeness, you need to specify -enc ansi option when you
generate the metric files in roder to limit the character set of the font,
which in turns fixes the copy/paste issue.

Chris

Re: cyrillic

Posted by Baron Moenghausen <ap...@ukr.net>.
Chris Bowditch wrote:

> Baron Moenghausen wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>> What wrong with pdf made with cyrillic KOI8-r?
>

> Hello,
>
> sorry but I dont understand your question. Could you rephrase it and
> maybe elaborate.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

OK, let's try again :)

Imagine, I've made a pdf document with fop using CID-keyed fonts. The
text is readable, but when I attempts to cut'n'paste into OpenOffice (or
Word, so on) I have just "############" instead of correct cyrillic text.

believed to be clean.

Re: cyrillic

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.