Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Hasini Gunasinghe <ha...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/02 14:38:24 UTC

Re: WSO2 Idenity Server Embedded Mode?

Hi Suresh,

Ideally, WSO2 IS (and other WSO2 products in general) can be run in
embedded mode.
However, there will be many implications of doing that such as increasing
the size of the Airavata distribution (WSO2 IS default distribution is 315
MB - you can install only the necessary features, however, that will not
decrease the additional size significantly) and slowing down the Airavata
startup.
Therefore, IMO, it is good to run it separately (since Airavata already
depends on such separately run servers such as RabbitMQ).
However, if you want to consider embedding it, I can test it at PoC level
and report the exact implications (such as the increase in the size of the
distribution etc.). Let me know what you think.

Best Regards,
Hasini.

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Hasini,

Agreed (to Marlon’s responses as well). This answers by pondering. Let me take back my suggestion and proceed as planned with assumption that IS is deployed separately.

Suresh

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.

From: <Pierce>, Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>>
Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 8:47 AM