Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by jordan j <yo...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/26 09:01:36 UTC

update template cache

Hey everyone,

Looking for automated way to deploy VHD image as a template i have done
this:
- create a dummy template from VM
- change the dummy template VHD on the NFS with the VHD image i have
prepared

So far so good but as VMs are created, the template VHD is cached on the
hypervisor.

Now if the template VHD on the NFS is changed again and a new VM is
launched on a hypervisor that has the image cached, the new VM will not be
created from the updated VHD disk.

I tried to delete the cached image on the hypervisor manually but ACS does
not like that and instead of downloading the new image error about a
missing vhd file is presented.

Is there any way to make cloudstack intentionally refresh the hypervisor
image cache?

Regards,
Jordan

Re: update template cache

Posted by jordan j <yo...@gmail.com>.
Changing the template and refreshing the cache works like a charm.
I noticed that as the new cached image is created the old one remains.
I scanned the whole database for the uuid as it is nowhere to be found
except in events when a new VM is created.

Is there a table or place where I can get the ID of the old cached image
and delete it? How does ACS track and locate cached images?

Regards,
Jordan

Re: update template cache

Posted by jordan j <yo...@gmail.com>.