Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by venkat <ve...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/06 11:41:22 UTC

Data Grid/List view with the ebility to group and expand certain columns

Hi ,

One of the screen in my application, needs a grid view of data. And the the
rows of that grid needs to grouped together and user should be provided a
button to expand or shrink accordingly.

To be more precise, the data in a grid belongs to one entity, let us take
one entity will have around 5 records. Need to have + button in the first
column of the starting rowfor this enitty. And when user clicks on this then
we need to display the remaining records for that entity. Similarly when
user clicks on - button records belongs to the entity should be hide.

Please share the thoughts and suggestions for similar implementation.

Re: Data Grid/List view with the ebility to group and expand certain columns

Posted by Nick Pratt <nb...@gmail.com>.
Ive achieved similar functionality by using a Repeater and repeating two

By default, the 'expandedContent' panel is an EmptyPanel.  On click of some
other element on the page, I invoke an Ajax call to
addOrReplace("expandedContent", new DetailsPanel(someModel)); and then
refresh table/markup container (depends on how you built your tabular data
layout as to what you repeat).