Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by d_van_rietschoten <d_...@hotmail.com> on 2012/10/31 13:35:30 UTC

JMS to JMS bridge: batch settings?

Hello,

I have a JMS to JMS bridge. Although it functions well, the throughput is
low (roughly about 1 message a second).
I am not very familiar with ActiveMq, but have used Jboss messaging /
HornetQ. These products provide batch settings etc for the bridge. Is there
a way to 'speed up the bridge' in activeMq?

I use ActiveMq 5.6.0, RHEL x86_64, JDK 1.6

Re: JMS to JMS bridge: batch settings?

Posted by d_van_rietschoten <d_...@hotmail.com>.
Version 5.7.0 makes a big difference indeed, thanks.

Re: JMS to JMS bridge: batch settings?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 2012-10-31 at 05:35 -0700, d_van_rietschoten wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a JMS to JMS bridge. Although it functions well, the throughput is
> low (roughly about 1 message a second).
> I am not very familiar with ActiveMq, but have used Jboss messaging /
> HornetQ. These products provide batch settings etc for the bridge. Is there
> a way to 'speed up the bridge' in activeMq?
>
> I use ActiveMq 5.6.0, RHEL x86_64, JDK 1.6

Upgrade to AMQ 5.7.0 to resolve some issues on the bridge code and you
should see significant speed increases there.

Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/