Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Ir...@ReadersDigest.com on 2009/01/28 21:55:50 UTC

Still looking for help with replacing a string

Sorry for the repost but I'm still having a problem trying to replace a
string using the ReplaceString class. I tried using it to replace a 10
character string with another 10 character string via the method:

doIt(String inputFile, String outputFile, String strToFind, String
message)

with a value of "YKHSPUIN29" for strToFind and "XGIFTCODEX" for message.

Tracing through the code, "YKHSPUIN29" is being found as the result of a
Tj operation and is then replaced by "XGIFTCODEX". However when I view the
outputFile, only 2 characters, "IF", are being displayed.

A response to my earlier post asked if I'm using Latin characters, which I
am, and if I'm using an uncommon font. The font is Arial.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Irv Murray