Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/21 19:58:44 UTC

Little Red Hen (Was: developer guide for Data Mapper 2.2 seems to be missing section numbering)

...This story has some interesting parallels to the Open Source Software
community...

The Story of Little Red Hen
==========================

Once there was a Little Red Hen who lived in a barnyard with her three
chicks and a duck, a pig and a cat.

One day the Little Red Hen found some grains of wheat. "Look look!" she
clucked. "Who will help me plant this wheat?"

"Not I", quaked the duck, and he waddled away.
"Not I", oinked the pig, and he trotted away.
"Not I, meowed the cat, and he padded away.

"Then I will plant it myself," said the Little Red Hen. And she did.

When the wheat was tall and golden, the Little Red Hen knew it was ready to
be cut. "Who will help me cut the wheat?" she asked.

"Not I," said the duck.
"Not I," said the pig.
"Not I," said the cat

"Then I will cut this wheat myself". And she did.

"Now", said the Little Red Hen, "it is time to take the wheat to the miller
so he can grind it into flour. Who will help me?"

"Not I," said the duck.
"Not I," said the pig.
"Not I," said the cat.

"Then I will take the wheat to the miller myself," said the Little Red Hen.
And she did.

The miller ground the wheat into fine white flour and put it into a sack for
the Little Red Hen.

When she returned to the barnyard, the Little Red Hen asked, "Who will help
me make this flour into dough?"

"Not I," said the duck, the pig and the cat all at once.

"Then I will make the dough myself," said the Little Red Hen. And she did.

When the dough was rready to go into the oven, the Little Red Hen asked,
"Who will help me bake the bread?"

"Not I," said the duck.
"Not I," said the pig.
"Not I," said the cat.

"Then I wll bake it myself," said the Little Red Hen. And she did.

Soon the bread was ready. As she took it from the oven, the Little Red Hen
asked, "Well who wil help me eat this warm, fresh bread?"

"I will," said the duck.
"I will," said the pig.
"I will," said the cat.

"No you won't," said the Little Red Hen. "You wouldn't help me plant the
seeds, cut the wheat, go to the miller, make the dough or bake the bread.
Now, my three chicks and I will eat this bread ourselves!"

And that's just what they did.

================

Cheers,
Clinton

Re: Little Red Hen (Was: developer guide for Data Mapper 2.2 seems to be missing section numbering)

Posted by Richard Sullivan <it...@gmail.com>.
1
1.1
1.1.1
1.1.2
2
2.1
2.2
2.3

OK they are the section numbers I promised to give you guys ;=)

I'll have a look at really doing them when my baby, wife and day-job
give me time ;=)

I love you too folks and that idea about sharing the wives might not
be all that bad either.  I'll send you mine the next time she is in
bad humour !

Ciao,
Richard

Re: Little Red Hen (Was: developer guide for Data Mapper 2.2 seems to be missing section numbering)

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hey Richard, don't worry man.  We love you.

Like I said, your questions and feedback are being taken very seriously and
have raised other interesting topics on the side.  You're already a
contributor in our eyes.

Let us know how it goes.

Clinton

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
WE are the gods of open source - only WE are allowed to make jokes. :)  (BTW
- it seemed clear to me that it was a joke, and this is a joke too)

Good luck with iBATIS - I think you'll be happy with the decision.

Jeff Butler

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.
Remember that iBATIS fits well into a "Straight JDBC"/"iBATIS" hybrid. So,
if you run into anything that iBATIS can't/shouldn't handle you can/should
utilize JDBC. On top of that we are always here to help you.

"I really do want to make an effort to pay back in some small way"
Payments can be made with Check or Visa. Make checks payable to my name ;-)

Brandon Goodin

Posted by Richard Sullivan <it...@gmail.com>.