Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Vikram Koka <vi...@astronomer.io.INVALID> on 2021/02/19 01:20:50 UTC

[Meeting Notes] Airflow issue triage process call - Feb 10, 2021

Hey everyone,

Here is the summary of our meeting last week and apologies for the delay in
sending these out.
Thank you all who joined the call, really appreciate your participation and
you taking the time!  Please correct anything that I missed.
To all those who did not join, please voice your opinion if you disagree
with anything.

Overall Summary
Key points discussed:

   - *Discussed updated labels: *
   - We added a label of kind:task to capture identified "TODOs" that are
   part of larger projects such as AIPs
   - We eliminated the label area:k8s and folded it into "area:kubernetes".
   - We also eliminated the label "needs:more-information" and folded it
   into "pending-response"
   -
   - *Discussed PR process and what takes time: *
   - We discussed the current PR process and how to speed up the PR to
   merge process for new and inexperienced contributors. Specifically, around
   how we can encourage contributors to finish their PRs.
   - Currently, the biggest roadblock is around requiring a rebase or to
   fix tests.
   - For documentation-only PRs, there is more scope to make the process
   easier, but we need to devote time to fix the checks, so that the errors
   are more easily understandable and actionable.
   -
   - *Next steps*
   - Vikram to document all the labels and the process around assigning
   labels and resolution. The PR has been submitted and is in review
   <https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/14223/>.
   - Kaxil to look into enhancing the current bot to increase automation
   based on the issue process (once documented - referenced above) to help
   keep the process moving.

Here are some interesting issue metrics for those keeping track:

   - It has been about 2 months since we released Airflow 2.0.
   -
   - During this time, we have had a total of 187 issues of type:bug
   reported in Airflow
   - Out of these:
   - 85 issues [36 open + 49 closed] reported on Airflow Core version 2.x.
   - 48 issues [27 open + 21 closed] reported on Airflow Core version 1.x
   - 32 issues [20 open + 12 closed] reported on Airflow Providers
   - We have been looking in more detail to identify hotspots of issues and
   will be sharing that information in the coming weeks.

   - We have also had good activity on PRs in the same timeframe
   - 684 PRs were created after the Airflow 2.0 release
   - 596 PRs have since been closed
   - 88 PRs are currently open

*Meeting notes*:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fx46SoOnNLiqZKtrC-tOHj3zFlZfQwWuR2LRFXJnWqw/

Next meeting details:
*Date*: February 24th
*Time*: 8.30-9.30 AM Pacific / 4.30 PM GMT
*Zoom link*:
https://astronomer.zoom.us/j/91979682731?pwd=bWNoTFM3ajRidUlzL25RMXZ4WU96Zz09
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://astronomer.zoom.us/j/91979682731?pwd%3DbWNoTFM3ajRidUlzL25RMXZ4WU96Zz09&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1614129343896000&usg=AOvVaw0bgjByDAtA3eNW1BX_H21R>

Best regards,