Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jean-Bruno Giard <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2004/05/17 20:20:33 UTC

SAX transform

Hi

I'm a new user of Jetspeed. I have just installed Jetspeed 1.5. I have a
problem with the RSS and the XML portlets. I see this message error in the
portlet :

"problem in SAX transform: org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The
output format must have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xalan}content-handler'
property! "

I have checked if the rss.xsl file was in the right folder and the file is
there. I have checked if the media-type was set to XML and HTML and
everything is there too. It looks like the problem is not there.

Is anybody have an idea what the problem is.

Thank you in advance

Jean-Bruno Giard

Role Based PSML + Property Overriding

Posted by "Menon, Hema" <he...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

A few questions on role based PSML.

Role based PSML seems to be enabled only if the following modifications to
the properties are done in the jetspeedResources.properties. It does not
seem to work if the properties are overridden in my.properties.(custom file)

services.Profiler.newuser.template =
services.Profiler.rolefallback= true

1. Has anyone been successful in getting role-based PSML to work by
modifying the properties in the custom(my.properties) file?

2. JetspeedResources.properties seems to have the following comment
# $Id: JetspeedResources.properties,v 1.117 2004/04/22 17:33:17 taylor Exp $
This is the main file you will need to configuration Jetspeed. if there are
any secondary files they will be pointed to from this file.#
Does that mean we need to include the secondary file in
jetspeedresources.properties?

3. If the role-based PSML will work only with modifications to the
properties to the jetspeedresources.properties, doesn't that make future
Jetspeed upgrades difficult since the default property files are changed? It
also seems to be working against the concept of overriding properties by
separating the custom settings to a different file :(

Any inputs are appreciated.

Thanks,
~hm

Re: SAX transform

Posted by "Menon, Hema" <he...@hotmail.com>.
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/faq.html

Copy the xalan.jar from Jetspeed distribution to
$CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed directory (or JDK endorsed directory)

> I'm a new user of Jetspeed. I have just installed Jetspeed 1.5. I have a
> problem with the RSS and the XML portlets. I see this message error in the
> portlet :
>
> "problem in SAX transform: org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException:
The
> output format must have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xalan}content-handler'
> property! "
>
> I have checked if the rss.xsl file was in the right folder and the file is
> there. I have checked if the media-type was set to XML and HTML and
> everything is there too. It looks like the problem is not there.
>
> Is anybody have an idea what the problem is.
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Jean-Bruno Giard

Re: How do you debug action classes in Jetspeed

Posted by cy...@almacenes-paris.cl.
I use Eclipse and it works perfectly

Michael Rothrock <mi...@michaelrothrock.com>
17-05-2004 16:19
Por favor, responda a
"Jetspeed Users List" <je...@jakarta.apache.org>

Para
Jetspeed Users List <je...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Asunto
Re: How do you debug action classes in Jetspeed

This works for me on a Linux box:

/usr/bin/dtomcat4 jpda start

Then I can attach to it with my debugger (IDEA) and set breakpoints, etc.

-- Michael

Posted by Michael Rothrock <mi...@michaelrothrock.com>.