Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by vicky desai <vi...@germinait.com> on 2013/04/30 11:22:22 UTC

Maximum number of facet query ina single query

Hi,

Is there any upper limit on the number of facet queries I can include in a
single query. Also is there any performance hit if I include too many facet
queries in a single query

Any help would be appreciated

Re: Maximum number of facet query ina single query

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
You mean 6000 filter queries? Or do they really have 6000 faceted fields in
a single query?!

Even so, I wouldn't recommend that an average new Solr developer should have
either 6000 fields in a single document or 6000 query terms or even 6000
parameters. I mean, sure, you can try it and if it does happen to work,
great, go for it, but if it doesn't work for 6000 or 100 or even more than
about 20 facets/filters, I wouldn't complain too loudly about Solr (or
Lucene) if it doesn't achieve sub-100 ms query time.

-- Jack Krupansky

FWIW, one of our current clients runs queries with 6000 facet queries...

Otis
Solr & ElasticSearch Support
http://sematext.com/

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
There's no fixed limit of facet.query's.  But certainly there is a performance impact, which is often mitigated by warming and caching.  You'll need to test the impact in your environment.

	Erik