Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/04/05 22:08:34 UTC

RE: Problem starting Tomcat

	The problem is most likely one of two things: You already have
something running on the ports that Tomcat wants to use (8080 and 8007 by
default) or you haven't properly set JAVA_HOME and TOMCAT_HOME.

	To find the actual error message, instead of running startup.bat,
run "tomcat.bat run" - this will start Tomcat in the same window and will
allow you to read the error message and determine what your problem is.

	Randy

Re: Problem starting Tomcat

Posted by "H.F.N. den Boer" <ni...@denboer-ims.nl>.
In server.xml, I have port 8080 commented out like this;
        <!-- Normal HTTP
        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
                value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port"
                value="8080"/>
        </Connector>
        -->

Could there be a reason for port 8007 to be already used by IIS ?

Nico